If you are responsible for brands that are prescribed in primary care or are specialist initiated and maintained in primary care then this is the right course for you. The course is designed to provide a detailed overview of the market access landscape in the UK and levers to support uptake of primary care treatments. You will have the opportunity to hear the voice of the payers in the afternoon, work with them on a real life based case study and consolidate the theory covered during the course.
This course provides a real opportunity to put yourself in the shoes of the payer and understand how decisions are being made and importantly how pharma can be part of the solution.
Who will benefit?
Marketers, New Market Access Managers (office and field-based), Training Managers, Sales Managers, Agency staff
What will be covered?
What do we mean by Market Access in the NHS? Strategic NHS context (England and Devolved Nations)
Play your NHS Cards right:
- How the NHS system works in England & Devolved Nations
- Funding processes: treatments and pathways
What do payers expect and who are they?
- Who are the payers?
- What framework do payers operate in (e.g. STPs, RMOCs, CCGs, ACOs)?
- Understand NHS policy and guidance that is driving payer behaviours
- How do payers control cost? Understand system barriers and enablers
- What are the concerns of NHS budget holders? Options for adding value
- NHS Hot topics – ones to watch
Meet the payers
Understand directly from CCG budget holders their role, challenges they face, solutions they seek to address them and how they want to work with industry. You will work through one of their challenges in a real-life case study have an opportunity to consolidate learning through discussions
What are the learning outcomes?
- Gain an understanding of how primary care treatments are commissioned, funded and adopted in the NHS system
- Understand what payers expect and need from the industry
- Upskill on key NHS topics pertinent to primary care treatments
How is the workshop run?
A balanced combination of upfront presentations, interactive workshop and work through a real-life case study to maximise learning experience
PM Society Members:
£850 (£1020 inc VAT)
£950 (£1140 inc VAT)
Prospero House, 241 Borough High St, London SE1 1GA
This 1 day workshop is next running on Wednesday 11 July 2018 from 8:45 – 17:00
To book your place visit: