If you are responsible for cancer, tariff excluded drugs or high cost drugs commissioned by NHS England then this course is for you. The course is designed to provide a detailed overview of the market access landscape in the UK and levers to support uptake of specialised and cancer treatments. You will have the opportunity to hear the voice of the payers in the afternoon, work with them on a real life based case study and consolidate the theory covered during the course. This course does not cover rare diseases.
This course provides a real opportunity to put yourself in the shoes of the payer and understand how decisions are being made and importantly how pharma can be part of the solution.
Who will benefit?
Marketers, New Market Access Managers, Training Managers, Sales Managers
What will be covered?
What do we mean by Market Access in the NHS? Strategic NHS context (England and Devolved Nations)
Play your NHS Cards right:
- How the NHS system for Specialised Services works in England & Devolved Nations
- Funding processes: treatments and pathways
Who are the payers and what do they expect?
- Who are the payers?
- What framework do payers operate in?
- Understand NHS policy and guidance that is driving payer behaviours
- How do payers control cost? Understand system barriers and enablers
- What are the concerns of NHS budget holders? Options for adding value
- NHS Hot topics – ones to watch
Meet the payers
Understand directly from an NHSE regional team pharmaceutical advisor their role, challenges they face, solutions they seek to address them and how they want to work with industry. You will work through one of their challenges in a real-life case study have an opportunity to consolidate learning through discussions
What are the learning outcomes?
- Gain an understanding of how specialised and cancer treatments are commissioned, funded and adopted in the NHS system
- Upskill on key NHS topics pertinent to specialised and cancer treatments
- Recognise drivers of behaviour that impact on commercial objectives
- Identify what payers expect and need from the industry
How is the workshop run?
A balanced combination of upfront presentations, interactive workshop and work through a real-life case study to maximise learning experience
PM Society Members:
£850 (£1020 inc VAT)
£950 (£1140 inc VAT)
This 1 day workshop is next running on 4 July 2018 from 8:45 – 17:00
Book now to secure your space: